Like

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Tilt-shift Bokeh

I thought I would find out a little more about this bokeh photography, I just love the effects. I started doing a little research over Christmas and found that there photoshop actually has filters designed for this purpose. Of course the effect is a lot more than just applying a 'tilt-shift' filter and my research indicated that there are actual Tilt-Shift lenses so I went looking.

I quite like the offhanded way that digitalrev.com deliver reviews so I started there and found out a little more about the lens and I do like the way perspective can be corrected in camera. The research did however highlight a flaw or two with Sony, my preferred camera supplier. Sony are leaders in digital technology and that includes camera's however they lag behind in lens development and their customer service skills leave a lot to be desired, sadly.

Anyway this blog is not a review or a comparison but rather an expression of my interest into 'Bokeh'. I watched a number of tutorials and I have got to say that Gavin Hoey is one of the best tutors that I have come across for quick short, to the point tutorials and tips.

I thoroughly enjoyed myself playing with some of the photo's from my world trip and I have used a couple of great shots of Edinburgh, Scotland from the walls of Edinburgh Castle for this miniaturisation or model effect called 'bokeh'.

(As with all the photographs on my fan page the resolution has been reduced and a watermark added if the photograph is for sale in my page shop)










No comments:

Post a Comment